How can I help stop the pet overpopulation problem?
- Spay and neuter all your pets and encourage others to do the same.
- Stabilize your neighborhood's outdoor cat population by checking with your local shelter or cat rescue groups about trap-neuter-return programs.
- Support spay and neuter programs.
- Adopt a pet from an animal rescue group or shelter.
How can I encourage others to spay or neuter?
- Inform family, friends, and coworkers about the benefits of spaying or neutering their pets.
- Print and distribute flyers to local businesses asking them to help spread the word about the importance of spaying and neutering.
- Write letters to local newspapers or magazines explaining the value of spaying and neutering pets.